Taking performance to the limit
Performance excellence is taken for granted in the new Comexi ML1 MC. Conceived for the most demanding applications and thanks to its extreme versatility and modularity it covers any application in the market: Coatings, Solvent Free, water or solvent based lamination among many others. Designed for reducing downtimes to the minimum expression, the Comexi ML1 MC has proved to be the most profitable laminator of the market for high demands.
|Type of adhesive||SB / SL / WB|
|Maximum speed (m/min - ft/min)||450
|Maximum web width (mm - in)||930 / 1330 / 1530
36.6 / 52.4 / 60.2
|Maximum reel diameter (mm - in)||1000
|Core diameter winder (mm - in)||76 / 152
3 / 6
|Maximum reel weight (Kg - lb)||1250
|Accessories / Optionals||Coating weight Sensor. High Tensions|
Main benefits for you
Its top register control provides the highest of the accuracies when applying coatings at register. On the other hand, it offers automatic positioning of the motorized linear web guide from the main machine screen and finetuning by a push bottom, allowing a much easier adjustment. Also, with its revolver front to reverse eye-mark reading system, allows to instantaniously change the reading direction.
Designed with configurable modular units, with tool-less extractable nozzles and outstanding air turbulence.
To achieve the best performance for all laminations: optimal optics, absence of curling, and smoothness of bond strength across the web.
All kinds of adhesives and coatings can be applied with our state-of-the-art trolleys. Simply change from one trolley to another with the (semi?) automatic clamping system and begin applying adhesives, coating, as well as inks (full coverage or register), comprised of any natural chemical (solvent based, water based, solventless EB, UV, and wax).
Multiple coating solutions for a broad range of applications:
- Gravure Trolley: For full coverage or register use with solvent and water based adhesives as well as lacquers. With an extremely robust design, this trolley is not only very easy to use, but also maintains cleanliness, due to its teflon adhesive tray and removal extensors.
- Solventless Trolley: For use to coat solvent less adhesives. This trolley is easy and rapidly performs on board job changeovers, in less than one minute, due to its sleeve technology. The full integration of the main screen mixer functionalities allows for a rapid and swift automatic cleaning sequence, with the aid of a fully motorized coating side.
- Semiflexo Trolley: For use with solvent or water based adhesives and lacquers, this trolley allows for the application of numerous variations of coating weights (up to 20 gsm) without the need to change rollers.
- Flexo Trolley: For full coverage or register use with solvent or water based adhesives as well as lacquers. This trolley has the world-recognized Comexi flexographic gearless technology and is equipped with carbon fibre mandrels in order to avoid a bouncing effect. It is equipped with an automatic self-cleaning pump system that allows a job to be changed in under 10 minutes.
- Enclosed Doctor Blade Chamber: Uniquely designed for full coverage of water based lacquers and adhesives. The transparency of the final lamination and coating is essentially unsurpassable. This trolley is equipped with an automatic self-cleaning pump system that allows a job to be changed in under 10 minutes.
- Wax Coating: Specially designed to apply wax / paraffin coatings with extreme accuracy and homogeneity.
|Solvent base||Water base||Solvent less||At register||Automatic
This foil kit integrates high technical solutions to achieve perfect aluminium lamination, including those with very thin gauges.
- Mechanical stopper: avoids materials breakage and wrinkling, as a result of perfect sleeve pressure control and coating smoothness.
- Hard anodized rollers: high resistance rollers for durability extension.
- Adjustable skewing rollers: avoids wrinkling and flapping.
- Pre-conditioning calender: preheats the alufoil to prevent and avoid wrinkling and quality issues, due to NIP thermal shock.
The ML2 Evolution has in-line grammage measurement, which automatically reads the coating weight without the need of sampling (start-stop-check-start), thus optimizing jobs and reducing downtime.
In regard to solventless adhesives, COMEXI has a unique complete closed-loop system: the machine automatically regulates the weight of the coating without intervention by an operator.
Fully automatic splicing turrets for continuous production. The turrets are equipped with shifting guides for a perfect web alignment and horizontal cut achieving optimal job change at the maximum speed.
The perfect tool for plant managers. The Comexi Cloud 4.0 is a system that provides immediate data access, including that of: production, peripherical equipment, machine settings, productivity, operator’s performance, and customer orders among other relevant information. At each meter, this software will save the machines’ parameters, thus not only improving quality control and full traceability, but directly controlling costs as well. As a result of the Comexi Cloud on-line platform, customers are able to consult data from anywhere, at any time. This includes real time production information, historical data, automatic reports, and KPI'. Additionally, at anytime, the COMEXI-ORDERING-ON-LINE platform allows customers to directly click-and-buy any component from the machine / desktop.
|Laminating and Coatings Lines
|Adhesive||SB / SL / WB||SB / SL / WB||WB||SB / SL / UV / Wax / WB|
|Aut. Change||RW + UW|